What is this cybercrime?
- Person enters ATM /Petrol Pump/Shopping Mall/other POS for withdrawl/payment.
- Due to technical problem or not knowing how to use ATM/Debit/Credit Card, fraudster offers help to the person.
- Fraudster does transaction to help the person and also to know the PIN of the card.
- After completion of the transaction and before returning the card, the fraudster swaps the original card with another similar card of same bank.
- Fraudster does extra transactions with the said Card and PIN later on.
- Not to take help of unknown persons during transactions
- Check ATM card on return if help is taken
Solution in case of incident
- Block the said ATM card by contacting bank
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including details of place where transaction was done and date-time of transaction. Also supply updated pass-book.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.