What is this Cybercrime?
- Criminal installs a small camera above ATM keypad
- Criminal installs a magnetic card copier in the ATM Card slot
- When person uses ATM card, magnetic card copier copies the card data electonically and camera captures the PIN.
- For this, person needs physical access to the ATM before and after the crime.
- Hide keypad when entering the PIN during transaction.
- Look for uneven/abnormal ATM card entry slot
Solution in case of incident
- Block the said ATM card by contacting bank
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including details of place where transaction was done and date-time of transaction. Also supply updated pass-book.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.