What is this cybercrime?
- Person gets phone/email that he has been chosen for a job at a good pay, or
- Person sees the ad online or in newspaper regarding a job.
- Person contacts the scammer through phone/email for job at big companies.
- Scammer calls the person in an “office” for interview and filling form.
- Scammer takes interview and demands money from the person as security deposit and form fee.
- Do not respond to such emails/phone/ads.
- Report such emails as SPAM.
- Verify such job postings with the parent company.
- Ask local people near “office” about the job company.
Solution in case of incident
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including print of emails/messages/ads and copies of pass-book or online transactions.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.