What is this cybercrime?
- Victim gets friend request from a female fraudster through a social network.
- Victim chats and grows friendship with the fraud lady.
- Fraud lady tells the victim to send her some gift and victim sends.
- Fraud lady may tell victim that she is sending him some gift. Partner of lady will call victim after few days and ask for customs duty for the gift received.
- Do not respond to such friend requests.
- Report such persons as SPAM.
Solution in case of incident
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including print of chats and copies of pass-book or online transactions.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.