What is this Cybercrime?
- Person gets email that someone in another country has lots of money and you have been chosen to inherit that money since that person is dying or stuck somewhere.
- Scammer gains trust of the person through emotional emails.
- The scammer will then offer you a large sum of money to help them transfer their personal fortune out of the country.
- Do not respond to such emails.
- Report such emails as SPAM.
Solution in case of incident
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including print of emails and copies of pass-book or online transactions.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.