- Do not add unknown persons as friends.
- Do not click unknown links.
- Be careful about what you share. Don’t reveal sensitive personal information ie: home address, financial information, phone number.
- Protect your computer by installing antivirus software to safeguard and firewall.
- Remember to log off on public computers.
- Adjust privacy settings to reveal minimum.
- Use strong passwords.
- Do not give your mobile phone to unknown persons.
- Do not share photos with persons whom you don’t trust.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.