What is this cybercrime?
- Person gets email that he has been chosen as a lucky draw winner of a travel tour at a hugely discounted rate including Passport/Visa fee from a famous Tour & Travels company.
- Scammer asks the person to deposit the money.
- The website where account details are mentioned is a copy of another genuine website of the Tour & Travels company.
- Do not respond to such emails.
- Report such emails as SPAM.
Solution in case of incident
- Inform nearest Police Station and register a complaint including print of emails and copies of pass-book or online transactions.
- Write an application to Bank Manager including case details to return the debited money.
For Wikipedia entry on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts on Cybercrime, click here.
For more posts in The Cyber Cops project, click here.